For these rolls you can use any vegetable you like as a filling! My rolls are different every time I make them, depending on what I find in my fridge. :) The ingredients listed in this recipe are what I used recently.
4 rice paper sheets
Suggestion for filling:
1 bell pepper
1/2 a cucumber
1 small carrot
4 leaves of butter lettuce
100g tofu (plain, smoked )
4 tbsp. kimchi (optional)
8 tbsp. roasted red cabbage (optional)
Serve with my tamari-peanut butter-ginger sauce!
1. Cut the vegetables (excluding the lettuce) and the tofu into long thin strips. The carrot can be cut into strips or grated.
2. Prepare the rice paper sheets by laying them on a moistened kitchen towel to soften them. Alternatively you can fill a large shallow plate/bowl with warm water and dip the rice paper in it for about 3-4 seconds, until it becomes moistened and soft.
3. Lay the moistened rice paper on your work surface.
4. Start filling the rolls with the prepared vegetables. The filling should cover the bottom 1/3 of the rice paper and the top 2/3 should remain free. Leave about 1 inch free on each side as well.
5. Now you can start rolling the rice paper rolls. Watch the video to see how! :)
Enjoy by dipping the rolls in the sauce!