oven roasted potato wedges
This is one of my favorite dishes to make when I need a healthy and easy-to-make side dish or a quick bite. It is perfect for lunch and dinner or even a savory breakfast, and very easily made!
- 5-6 potatoes
- 1 tsp. paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 -1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- a handful of fresh herbs (optional)
1. Wash the potatoes and peel them (optional).
2. Cut the potatoes into wedges, by cutting them in half long ways, then each half into 1/4 (long ways).
3. Place the wedges into a pot with water, and bring to a boil. Lightly boil for about 20 minutes, or until soft, then remove the water.
4. Place the potato wedges into an oven-safe dish and evenly sprinkle with the remaining ingredients. Gently mix, to evenly spread the seasoning.
5. Heat the oven to 180 - 200 C and bake the wedges for 30 minutes or until crispy and golden.
The wedges are delicious by themselves or served as a side or with a yummy plant-based yoghurt dip.