mousse au faba chocolat
- 3 oz chocolate (100% cocoa)
- 1/2 cup aqua faba (from chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- splash of plant milk
1. With an electric whisk or beater, whip the aqua faba and cream of tartar until it looks peaky (usually about 2 to 3 minutes). Add the apple cider vinegar and continue whisking for another 30 seconds. The aqua faba should end up being 3-5 times the size after whipping.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
3. Gently transfer the whipped aqua faba into a large mixing bowl.
4. Slowly pour the melted chocolate into the bowl with the aqua faba and gently fold the mixture with a spatula. Continuously fold it, so no clumps form.
5. Slowly pour in the maple syrup and plant milk and gently fold the mixture.
6. Don't overdo the mixing! It shouldn't take more than 2 minutes to combine everything. If you mix for too long, the fluffiness of the aqua faba will be lost and the cream will end up liquid.
7. After combining everything, pour the mousse into 3 serving glasses and cover them.
8. Leave the mousse in the fridge overnight (about 8 hrs).
9. Serve with fresh fruit such as raspberries, and a mint leaf or shaved chocolate.