tamari roasted almonds and salt and pepper cashews
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp. tamari
- 1 tsp. maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
1. Soak the almonds in water overnight (about 8 hours) and soak the cashews for about 2 hours.
2. Discard the water and rinse both the almonds and cashews.
3. Add the tamari and maple syrup (optional) to the almonds and marinate for about 1 hour.
4. Combine the cashews with the salt and pepper and spread out on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
5. After 1 hour, spread out the almonds on a baking tray with baking paper as well.
6. Dehydrate the nuts in the dehydrator at 115 F for 24 hours (longer depending on how crunchy you like them) or in the oven at 150 F on the fan setting for about 5-6 hours or until crunchy.