chocolate banana bread
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup plain flour (white)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 50g dark (100% cacao) chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except for the chocolate.
2. Add the wet ingredients except for the almond butter and mix well with a spatula.
3. Gradually add the chopped chocolate or chocolate chips and mix to combine everything.
4. Preheat the oven to 350F.
5. Lastly add the apple cider vinegar to the batter and mix well.
6. Oil a cake pan with olive oil and dust it with corn flour (any flour is ok too though) and pour in the batter.
7. Put the almond butter on top and marble with a spoon. If you have another banana, you can cut it in half and place it on top of the batter before baking.
8. Bake for 30 minutes at 350F.
9. Turn the heat down to 300F and bake for another 25 minutes.
10. Turn the oven off and leave the cake in the oven for 5 minutes.
11. Now you can take it out. Let it cool before taking it out of the cake pan.