creamy avocado pasta
If you need a quick and easy dish for at home or to take with you, this is the perfect recipe for you! It takes about 15 minutes to prepare and is so yummy. :)
- 75g pasta (I use bean pastas such as chickpea, black bean, lentil and mung bean)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 of small bell pepper
- 1/4 of a zucchini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (more if you want it spicy)
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- fresh sprouts (alfalfa or cress)
- some basil leaves
1. Mash the avocado using a fork.
2. Cut the zucchini and bell pepper into small cubes and chop the garlic.
3. Lightly heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and quickly fry the cut vegetables. (About 3 - 5 minutes)
4. Add the mashed avocado, chopped garlic, salt, pepper, water, lemon juice and cayenne and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Boil the pasta according to the package instructions.
6. Toss the cooked pasta in the avocado sauce and serve with the sprouts, nutritional yeast and basil.