quick roasted veggie bowl
If you need a quick dinner or lunch and don't have much time to prepare anything, this it the perfect recipe! It's delicious and nutritious and quick and easy to prepare.
Basically, you can use any vegetables you want. Mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, aubergine, carrots... anything really!
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 small aubergine
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- sea salt
- paprika powder
- olive oil
- optional: 100g tofu, a few leaves of lettuce
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cut the aubergine and zucchini into about 1/2 inch slices and the bell peppers into medium strips (about 5 inches long and 1/2 inch wide).
3. Place the aubergine, zucchini, bell peppers and tomatoes each into a separate baking dish and season with salt and pepper and about 1 tbsp of olive oil. Gently mix the vegetables so the salt and pepper are equally dispersed. *QUICK TIP: You can also just mix and bake all the vegetables in the same dish.
5. If you are using the tofu, cut it into 1/8 inch slices, season with salt, pepper and paprika and place in an oven safe dish.
4. Bake all the vegetables and tofu for 20 - 30 minutes.
5. Prepare the quinoa by combining 2 cups of water with 1 cup of quinoa. Bring to a boil and keep simmering for about 20 minutes. I recently have been cooking quinoa with the lid open but you can cook it covered with less water the way it normally says on quinoa packaging.
5. To serve, place some quinoa on one side and lettuce on the other side of a bowl, then top with little groups of the roasted vegetables. I usually sprinkle some paprika powder and nutritional yeast before serving.
If you have any condiments such as mustard, spicy sauce, olive tapenade, hummus or vegan cheese, those will work well with this dish!