gluten-free and easy-to-make oatcakes
This is a recipe from my boyfriend and photographer Jan Milligan's mom!
I love making these crackers when I want a quick and easy-to-make snack. You only need 4 ingredients! You can eat the crackers plain, with peanut butter and jam, topped with fruits or if you like savory foods, you can top it with avocado and cashew cheese or any vegetables you like.
- 2 cups quick oats or regular oats
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- you can add pepper, seeds or herbs too if you like
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and with your hands or a spoon, mix until everything is well combined.
3. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 1/8 inch thickness. You can cut out any shapes you like to bake the crackers. I usually use a 3 inch diameter circle cookie cutter, which makes about 30 crackers.
4. Bake the crackers for 30 minutes on a big baking tray.
After 30 minutes take them out and let them cool, before you put them away for storage.