easy black bean "burger" patties
- 15 oz cooked black beans (better if you can cook them yourself, otherwise use canned ones)
- 5-6 tbsp cooked rice (I used white basmati rice cooked with 1 tsp turmeric)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
- 2 tbsp brown rice flour
- 1 tsp apple sauce
- 1/4 inch size piece of fresh chili chopped or cayenne powder (depending on how spicy you want it to be - this recipe is mildly spicy)
- 1/4 size piece of fresh turmeric chopped or 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp paprica powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
1. Using a fork, mash the black beans on a plate until they are somewhat mashed; it's ok if there are still some bigger pieces left.
2. Transfer the black beans into a mixing bowl and add all the other ingredients. Mix well, using a spoon or your hands.
3. When everything is well combined, divide the batter into 4- 5 equal amounts and shape into flat patties.
4. Bake for about 45 minutes on the middle rack at 350 F.
Enjoy the patties sandwiched between any fresh bread or bagel, with lettuce, fried onion, tomatoes and any other condiments you like. I also like making an avocado sandwich; sandwiching the patties between 2 avocado halves or making a lettuce sandwich.
My favorite sauce for these is an almond yogurt herb sauce.