These super yummy blueberry muffins are oil free, but they're still fluffy and moist!
The ingredients for this recipe are listed in metric units, because I made the recipe for a friend in Europe. When I wrote down the recipe it was actually in imperial units, but then I converted it. Unfortunately I only kept the final version (metric). I was thinking about converting it back to imperial measurements, but was afraid that converting it back and forth might mess up the exact amounts of ingredients, so I've decided to leave it as it is.
- 85g whole wheat flour
- 85g white flour
- 120ml almond milk (or any other milk)
- 80ml maple syrup
- 45g flax seeds
- a handful of fresh or frozen blueberries, strawberries or any berry you like!
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- a dash of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients (flour, flax seeds, vanilla, baking soda, salt) and mix well. Add all the wet ingredients (almond milk, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar) and mix well. I usually use a spatula to do this.
3. If you're not using paper or silicon muffin cups, oil your muffin tin well and dust with plain flour or corn flour. Spoon the muffin batter into the muffin cups or tin, but only fill half way at first.
4. Put 5-6 berries on the batter in each cup and then cover with another layer of batter. Make sure not to "overfill" the cups. In the end each cup should only be about 3/4 full.
5. Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes and let them cool before you eat them.