unsweetened fruit tartlets
gluten-free unsweetened fruit tartlets
I had originally made savory tartlets with kale and garlic, but then realized this dough would also be ideal for sweets. I couldn't decide which fruit to use, so I just made 6 different flavors! :)
Fruits by themselves are already sweet enough so you just need to choose any fruit to put inside them, no need to to add anything else, so they are very healthy and taste yummy!
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 - 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- sprinkle of sea salt
- fruit of your choice for filling
- optional: some cinnamon for dusting the tartlets
1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Add the wet ingredients and knead until well combined.
3. Evenly divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
4. Use 6 small (10 cm diameter) tartlet tines and evenly spread out the dough.
5. Fill the tartlets with the fruit of your choice. (Sliced or diced apples or pears, or whole berries)
6. Roll out the remaining dough (roll it between parchment paper if it's sticky), cut it into thin strips and use it to decorate your tartlets.
7. Bake the tartlets at 325 F for approx. 25 minutes.